Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Motor Excess Insurance

Young Drivers Motor Excess Insurance

Do you want to protect your excess that you are liable for under your motor insurance? With Questor Insurance you can cover high excesses you may have on your insurance with our Motor Excess Insurance policy. It's simple, easy and no fuss from just £33.60.


  • You must hold a current full and valid UK driving licence, or a hold a full internationally recognised licence
  • You are a permanent resident of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man

Select your Policy Limit

This is the maximum that can be claimed in any single policy year.

Excess Limit:  £350 £33.60 select
Excess Limit:  £750 £44.81 select
Excess Limit:  £1,000 £53.21 select

What is young driver excess insurance?

Excess insurance reduces the already high costs of motoring for young drivers under 25 or new drivers, by protecting excess costs in the event of a claim.

This insurance covers the combined excess (compulsory and voluntary) on your main insurance policy. In the unfortunate event that you suffer loss or damage to your vehicle, you could be left with quite a hefty excess to pay, adding to the already high cost of the insurance.

Fortunately, with excess protection insurance in place, if the cost of a claim is higher than your excess limit, you can be reimbursed with the excess cost you will be liable for.

How to reduce your motor insurance premium

Excess protection insurance can also save young and new drivers money on their monthly or annual premiums. Increasing the voluntary excess on your main motor insurance policy may make your insurance cheaper. You could then cover the combined excess (voluntary and compulsory) with an inexpensive one-off payment for excess insurance.

This excess can be reimbursed if and when you claim on your main motor insurance policy. When setting a high excess to reduce your premium, we just advise that you have the funds available to be able to pay the excess initially before then claiming for reimbursement.

How to make a claim

In the unfortunate event of an incident whereby you have had to claim on your main motor insurance policy for a sum larger than your excess, you can claim your excess cost back through us.

This can be done online using the claims portal for our in-house claims specialists,Orchard Administration. Or you can contact them via phone or email. Orchard Administration has an excellent reputation with customers with a Trustscore of 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot.