Young Drivers Private Motor Excess Insurance
The right product to insure the excess on your comprehensive motor insurance
If you are aged 18 - 23
How to Buy Private Motor Excess Insurance?
- Click one of the Quote buttons above
- Select how much cover you wish to purchase (You can make as many claims in the policy year up to this amount)
- Provide us with your car registration number
- Complete the policyholder's details
Questor offer an autorenewal option which means that you give us permission to autorenew your policy on the renewal date. We will still write to you at least 30 days before the renewal and you will have the option to amend your policy or instruct us not to renew.
Who is Covered by this Policy?
- Permanently between 18 and 23 on the purchase date of the policy
- As the policyholder and any other named driver on a valid motor insurance policy
What is Covered by this Policy?
- The excess on your motor insurance policy
What is not Covered?
This policy does not cover:
- The excess for any claim not accepted by your motor insurer
- The excess for any claim caused by a third party - since the excess would be recoverable from the third party. If the excess is not recovered within six month Questor's policy will reimburse you.
- Any claim arising where you were driving on contravention of the Road Traffic Act or not in accordance with the motor insurance policy terms and conditions.
How do we Handle Claims?
Our sister company Orchard Administration has been handling claims for our customers since July 2014. Orchard has invested heavily in technology to enable you to quickly and painlessly lodge a claim and you will receive the very best customer service. Don't take our word for see below for genuine reviews from real customers who have submitted a claim.
To complete the claim process you will need to supply proof that an excess has been deducted or paid. This is most likely to be in the form of a letter from your motorcycle motor insurer but could also be an invoice or other document.
None of our competitors provide such a public review of their claims service.
TrustPilot Reviews - Claim Handling
Which vehicle is covered?
A car designed to carry upto 7 passengers including the driver.
Motor Insurance Policy
The insurance policy that insures the car for comprehensive motor insurance and for which you wish to protect the excess.
Motor Insurance Excess
The amount you must pay when you damage your car as a contribution to the total amount of any fault claim.
Another person involved in an incident that leads to a claim on your motor insurance policy.
Riverside Underwriting Limited is registered in England and Wales (06201617). Registered address: Bryant House, Bryant Road, Strood, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3EW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 466942). This insurance is provided by Riverside Underwriting Limited t/as Questor Insurance which is registered in the UK, and is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE (Malta Company Registration Number C84703).
Your Right to Cancel
This policy can be cancelled anytime up to the start date of the policy and we will provide you with a full refund. After the policy has started we can still cancel the policy but there will be no refund.