Car Hire Excess Insurance
The right product when you are hiring a car in the UK, Europe or Worldwide
When renting a car, the hirer - that's you, is responsible for damage to the hired car up to a limit known as the Excess. The amount of damage that you are responsible for will depend on the car, from whom you have hired, your age, driving experience etc. The damage you are responsible for will cover but not be limited to accidental damage, malicious damage, theft, damage caused by another vehicle, chipped windscreens, tyres, loss of keys etc.
When you buy Questor's Car Hire Excess Insurance you will save money compared to purchasing the Excess Waiver offered by the Car Hire Company and we are confident that our product offers wider cover for the price paid.
How does Car Hire Excess Insurance work?
Questor's policy reimburses you should you damage the car and have to pay the car hire company an excess. You have a number of options when purchasing a policy from Questor Insurance. Buy a Single Trip Policy to cover a single car hire agreement up to 180 days in length. Alternatively, you can purchase an Annual Policy which will cover unlimited car hire agreements in the policy year. Both policy types have options for European or Worldwide coverage and a number of optional extras are available to tailor your policy. If you intend to hire a car for business these are only covered under our single trip policies.
|Tyres, Windscreen, Roof and Underbody||£10,000||£0|
Dependent on the type of policy you purchase you will be offered optional extras to tailor your policy
- Dual Lead Driver - Enables two named drivers to rent a car independently of each other.
- Extended Rental - cover any rental agreement up to 62 days when purchasing an annual policy.
- Battery Failure - reimburses any costs associated with replacing the car battery.
- Collision Damage Waiver - cover the full value of the vehicle up to £75,000. Only available on car hire taking place outside of Europe.
- Car Club - Covers any excess payable under a Car Club Agreement
- Iceland Extension - Covers weather related charges arising from damage to the rented vehicles exterior that are specifically excluded under the terms of your rental agreement.
How do we handle claims?
Our sister company Orchard Administration has been handling claims for our customers since July 2014. Orchard has invested heavily in technology to enable you to quickly and painlessly lodge a claim and you will receive the very best customer service. Don't take our word for it see below for genuine reviews from real customers who have submitted a claim.
None of our competitors provide such a public review of their claims service.
TrustPilot Reviews - Claim Handling
Who is covered by this policy?
- Permanently resident in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island), Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey or Gibraltar
- Aged at least 21 at the time of purchase
- Named on the car hire agreement
The policyholder must be the person hiring the car.
What is not covered?
This policy does not cover:
- Vans, minibuses, motorhomes and motorcycles or any car with more than 9 seats.
- Any car valued more than £100,000.
- Any hire not in the name of the policyholder.
- Any car hire agreement which commenced before the policy start date or concludes after the policy expiry date.
- Any damage to another person's property or bodily injury also known as third party liability.
The amount you must pay when you damage the hire car. The amount should be clearly stated on the car hire agreement.
What is a Car?
A motor vehicle which is contracted for the carriage of passengers and their effects and is adapted to carry no more than nine passengers.
When the car is intentionally damaged by a person other than the hirer or someone travelling with the hirer.
When the wrong fuel is accidently put into the vehicle.
Fees charged by the hire company when the vehicle is damaged during a hire agreement.
When you have to end the hire early on the advice of a Doctor and no-one else is able to drive the hired car.
Means Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Additionally, islands in the Mediterranean, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Canary Islands, Madeira, and the Azores.
Means anywhere in the world apart from Afghanistan, Belarus, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Myanmar, North Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Zimbabwe. No cover is provided for claims arising as a direct result of a situation highlighted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office where you have hired a vehicle in a specific country or area where, prior to the vehicle hire agreement commencing, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against all (but essential) travel.
Riverside Underwriting Limited is registered in England and Wales (06201617). Registered address: Bryant House, Bryant Road, Strood, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3EW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 466942). This insurance is provided by Riverside Underwriting Limited t/as Questor Insurance which is registered in the UK, and is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE (Malta Company Registration Number C84703).
Your Right to Cancel
This policy can be cancelled anytime up to the start date of the policy. If you cancel the policy we will provide you with a full refund.