Private Motor Excess Insurance
Take control of your motor policy by protecting yourself from an unexpected excess. There has been a trend to increase motor policy excesses in order rto keep prices down especially on the big car insurance aggregator sites. A large excess which you normally have to pay to the repairer may be a big inconvenience but with Questor's excess protection policy peace of mind is at hand.
Questor never charges to use a credit card, amend your policy or to get a copy of your certificate and support is at hand when you need to make a claim.
How does it work?
- Purchase your policy online, it can be purchased at any time and does not have to run concurrently with your motor insurance.
- You can buy any policy limit offered - this is the maximum the Insurer will pay out in the policy year.
- Your claim must be settled by your Insurer and the excess deducted before a payment can be made under Questor's excess insurance.
- Your claim on your motor insurance must be greater than the excess to obtain a rembursement under the excess policy.
- All you need to do to prove a loss is to provide an Insurer's letter showng the policy excess deducted once the motor policy claim is approved.
Who handles the claim?
Our sister company Orchard Admnistration will handle your claim on behalf of the Insurer. Orchard have an online claim portal which makes it simple to submit and monitor your claim with same day payment once your claim has been agreed.
Eligibility to buy private motor excess
- You must hold a current full and valid UK driving licence, or a hold a full internationally recognised licence
- You are a permanent resident of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- You must be between the age of 24 and 84 to purchase this product.
- You must have a valid motor insurance policy in place at the time of the loss for which an excess is deducted.