Car Club Excess Insurance
No hidden fees or credit card charges and great customer service.
If you’re a member of a car club such as Zipcar, E-Car Club or Enterprise you could be liable to pay for an excess fee. At Questor Insurance we will cover your excess up to £5,000 with our five-star rated cover.
Buying from us will also save you money and provide a wide range of cover and benefits compared to buying the excess waiver offered by some car club companies.
We have been providing car hire excess insurance to our clients for over a decade. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service (take a look at our reviews) and are there with you every step of the way including help if you have a claim.
Claiming under this policy could not be easier, an online claims system allows you to submit your claim and supporting documents at a time to suit you. No need to call, simple, efficient and designed to make the process of making a claim as simple as buying your annual or daily car hire excess insurance - exactly the way it should be.
This policy will not cover any rental that has already commenced.
What you get
- Annual policy covers you for unlimited rentals, with an Annual Aggregate limit of £5,000. A daily policy covers a single rental.
- Nil excess we pay the full loss up to the annual limit
- Easy to understand pricing
- We cover any damage to the external parts of the vehicle including tyres, windscreen and the under body and we also cover towing and the keys to the car.
- You are covered to drive cars and MPV's up to 9 seats.
- You must be aged between the ages of 21 and 84 years old when your purchase the policy.
- Hold an internationally valid driving licence.
- Authorised by the Car Club to drive the vehicle
- You must be a permanent resident of the UK, Jersey, Gibraltar, Guernsey or the Isle of Man at the time of purchase of this policy.
- The Annual Car policy will not cover you, for any loss arising from driving as Your occupation or profession, our daily policy will cover you for this.
- This policy will not cover any rental that has already commenced.
- Any loss or damage to a third-party property or personal injury.
- This policy excludes the hire of a van, motorhome and minibus.
- Please read the policy wording. for a full list of all exclusions relating to this policy
Please read the policy wording. for a full list of all exclusions relating to this policy
This policy will not cover the hire of a van, motorhome or minibus
All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Aged between 21 and 84 years old.
- Hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Not renting a motorcycle, commercial vehicle, camper van or mini-bus with more than 9 seats
- A permanent resident of the UK, Jersey, Gibraltar, Guernsey or the Isle of Man at the time of purchase of this policy.
- This policy covers cars with a maximum of 9 seats (including the driver), with a maximum value of £100,000 at the hire agreement’s start date and is a maximum of 20 years old since the date of first registration.
- This policy is operative when the Policyholder or any other person named as lead driver on the certificate of insurance is shown as the lead driver on the car rental agreement
- Only rentals starting and finishing during the period of insurance are covered.
- This insurance excludes rentals that have already commenced.
- This insurance is only available to persons permanently resident in one of the countries listed below.
- The contract of insurance is subject to UK jurisdiction.
- All policies are liable for Insurance Tax as legislated for in your home country see below.
|Isle of Man||0%|
Our claim handlers, Orchard Administration have set up an online submission process to make it quick and easy to submit your claim. Please go to https://claimant.orchard-administration.co.uk to submit your claim. You will need your log in details from our customer portal, MyQuestor and your policy number. If you are not connected to the Internet please call Orchard Administration on +44 (0)333 3230 095.
We are here to help
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues please feel free to contact us. Our staff have access to the claim systems and we can exert pressure to move matters along.
Riverside Underwriting Limited is registered in England and Wales (06201617). Registered address: Bryant House, Bryant Road, Strood, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3EW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 466942). This insurance is provided by Riverside Underwriting Limited which is registered in the UK, and is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd (Malta Company Registration Number C 84703).
Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd is authorised under the Insurance Business Act 1998 of the laws of Malta to carry out general business, is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority of Triq l-Imdina, Zone 1, Central Business District, Birkirkara, CBD 1010, Malta, and is deemed authorised by the UK’s Prudential Regulation Authority. Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd is subject to regulation by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority under reference number 805770, and is subject to limited regulation by the UK’s Prudential Regulation Authority.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942. Riverside Underwriting Limited.
There are two products available:
- Daily - Insures a single car rental agreement up to 180 days in length
- Annual - Insures unlimited car rental agreements in the year subject to no single rental being more than 31 days in length, can be increased to 62 days for an additional premium.
Dual Lead Driver
Allows two persons named on the certificate of insurance as lead drivers to rent cars independently when you purchase an annual policy. Both persons must be close residents permanently resident at the address shown on the Certificate of Insurance and are deemed as joint policyholders.
Extended Rental Cover
Extends the any one trip limit from 31 days to 62 days on annual policies.
Covers you for any costs relating to replacing the battery on the hire car's battery during the rental period.
Collision Damage Waiver Insurance
Upgrade your policy to cover for full collision damage waiver increasing the cover from £10,000 to £75,000 for any loss or damage to the hired vehicle.
Means all countries which are members of the EEA: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. And countries to the west of the Ural Mountains, including, islands in the Mediterranean, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Canary Islands, Madeira, and the Azores.
Anywhere in the world apart from Afghanistan, Belarus, Cuba, Conga, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Myanmar, North Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Zimbabwe. No cover is provided for claims arising as a direct result of a situation highlighted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office where you have hired a vehicle in a specific country or area where, prior to the vehicle hire agreement commencing, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against all (but essential) travel.
- Policy document (PDF) - Car Hire Excess Insurance Policy Document
- Please continue throughout the quote process to view your Insurance Product Information Document
When purchasing an annual insurance policy, customers can select an option to automatically renew their policy each year, meaning that they have peace of mind knowing that they have continuous cover in place. If selected, the customer’s policy will automatically renew unless the policyholder has previously advised us that they do not want this policy to be renewed, or at renewal they have advised us that they no longer wish to renew this policy, or they are no longer eligible for cover.
We will still write to the policyholder prior to the expiring policy’s renewal date to remind them that this policy is due to be renewed and confirm the renewal premium. We will also highlight if the renewal premium has changed or there have been changes made to the terms and conditions of their policy.
Renewal premiums will again be collected from the specified credit or debit card that was originally used when setting up their policy.
We are entitled to assume at renewal that the policyholder’s details have not changed and they have the consent of the credit or debit card holder, unless the policyholder informs us otherwise. We will through our administrative bank, charge the payment details to the credit or debit card held on record for the renewal premium due.
- Policyholders should also be aware that we can only automatically renew this policy when:
- they have made us aware of any changes to their circumstances and/or information previously provided, if any;
- the credit or debit card details we have on record have not changed; and
the credit or debit card holder has given his or her consent for his or her card being charged at renewal.
If we are unable to auto-renew this policy (for example, due to payment card failure) or if the policyholder no longer meets the eligibility criteria for auto-renewal, we will notify the policyholder of this at least 14 days prior to the renewal date.