Car Club Excess Insurance
No hidden fees or credit card charges and great customer service
If you’re a member of a car club such as Zipcar, E…ess up to £10,000 with our five-star rated cover.
Buying from us will also save you money and provid…excess waiver offered by some car club companies.
We have been providing car hire excess insurance t…f the way including help if you have a claim.
Claiming under this policy could not be easier, an…ess insurance - exactly the way it should be.
This policy will not cover any rental that has already commenced.
What you get
- Annual policy covers you for unlimited rentals, with an Annual Aggregate limit of £10,000
- Option to increase the cover to £75,000 where you need full Collision Damage Waiver
- Includes cover for tyres, windscreen, under body, towing and loss of use plus other benefits
- Policy includes cover for vehicles hired in your home country
- Covers hired cars and MPVs up to 9 seats (excludes cover for motor homes, minibuses and vans)
- Great optional extras to extend cover including Ex…tal, Dual Lead Driver & Battery Failure Cover
- You must be aged between the ages of 21 and 84 years old.
- You must hold a valid internationally recognised d…lid in the country in which you are travelling.
- You must be a permanent resident in the European E…a (EEA) at the time of purchase of this policy.
- for a full list of all exclusions relating to this policy
- The Annual Car policy will not cover you, for any loss arising from driving as Your occupation or profession, our daily policy will cover you for this.
- This policy will not cover any rental that has already commenced.
- This policy will not pay any claim for third party death, injury or property.
Please read the policy wording You must be a permanent resident in the European E…a (EEA) at the time of purchase of this policy.
All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Aged between 21 and 84 years old.
- Hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Not renting a motorcycle, commercial vehicle, camper van or mini-bus with more than 9 seats
- A permanent resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) at the time of purchase of this policy.
- This policy covers cars with a maximum of 9 seats (including the driver), with a maximum value of £75,000 at the hire agreement’s start date and is a maximum of 20 years old since the date of first registration.
- This policy is operative when the Policyholder or any other person named as lead driver on the certificate of insurance is shown as the lead driver on the car rental agreement
- Only rentals starting and finishing during the period of insurance are covered.
- This insurance excludes rentals that have already commenced.
- This insurance is only available to persons permanently resident in one of the countries listed below.
- The contract of insurance is subject to UK jurisdiction.
- All policies are liable for Insurance Tax as legislated for in your home country see below.
|Ireland||5% + €1|
|Isle of Man||0%|
Claim Procedure - Policies Sold From 1st July 2014
Our claim handlers, Orchard Administration have set up an online submission process to make it quick and easy to submit your claim. Please go to https://claim.orchard-administration.co.uk you will need your certificate number and claim scheme code, both of which are shown on the certificate of insurance. If you are not connected to the Internet please call Orchard Administration on +44…
We are here to help
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues please feel free to contact us. Our staff have access to the claim systems and we can exert pressure to move matters along.
This insurance policy is underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate 4444 and 5380, which is managed by Canopius Managing Agents Limited. Registered Office: Canopius Managing Agents Limited, Gallery 9, One Lime Street, London, EC3M 7HA. Registered in England no. 01514453.
Canopius Managing Agents Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference: 204847.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942.
There are two products available:
- Daily - Insures a single car rental agreement up to 180 days in length
- Annual - Insures unlimited car rental agreements i…e increased to 62 days for an additional premium.
Dual Lead Driver
Allows two persons named on the certificate of insurance as lead drivers to rent cars independently when you purchase an annual policy. Both persons must be close residents permanently resident at the address shown on the Certificate of Insurance and are deemed as joint policyholders.
Extended Rental Cover
Extends the any one trip limit from 31 days to 62 days on annual policies.
Covers you for any costs relating to replacing the… the hire cars battery during the rental period.
Collision Damage Waiver Insurance
Upgrade your policy to cover for full collision da…,000 for any loss or damage to the hired vehicle.
Means all countries which are members of the EEA: … Turkey, Canary Islands, Madeira, and the Azores.
Anywhere in the world apart from Afghanistan, Bela…e has advised against all (but essential) travel.
Click on the links below for our Policy and Keyfacts documents:
- Policy document (PDF) - Car Hire Excess Insurance Policy Document
- Please continue throughout the quote process to view your Insurance Product Information Document
When purchasing an annual insurance policy, custom…policy, or they are no longer eligible for cover.
We will still write to the policyholder prior to t…made to the terms and conditions of their policy.
Renewal premiums will again be collected from the …was originally used when setting up their policy.
We are entitled to assume at renewal that the poli… card held on record for the renewal premium due.
- Policyholders should also be aware that we can only automatically renew this policy when:
- they have made us aware of any changes to their ci…s and/or information previously provided, if any;
- the credit or debit card details we have on record have not changed; and
the credit or debit card holder has given his or h…ent for his or her card being charged at renewal.
If we are unable to auto-renew this policy (for ex… this at least 14 days prior to the renewal date.