What is Travel Insurance
Our travel insurance policy covers the following key points.
- Emergency Medical and Treatment Expenses – up to £10,000,000
- Cancellation and Curtailment – up to £5,000
- Hijack - £50 per complete 24 hours up to £500
- Travel Delay - £200
- Delayed Baggage – up to £125 per 24 hours up to 250
- Missed Departure – up to £500 (UK & European Holidays), up to £1000 (outside UK & Europe)
Cooling Off Period
If you decide that for any reason, this Policy does not meet your insurance needs then please return it to your agent within 14 days from the day of purchase or the day on which you receive your policy documentation, whichever is the later. On the condition that no travel has taken place and no claims have been made or are pending, we will then refund your premium in full. Thereafter you may cancel the insurance cover at any time by informing your agent, however no refund of premium will be payable.
The maximum age for trips to Europe and all other worldwide areas is 75. However, a maximum age of 69 years of age applies for trips to the USA and Canada.
This policy is only available to you if you are permanently resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and registered with a medical practitioner in one of these areas, being the one in which you permanently reside.
Making a claim
Any incident or loss which gives rise, or may give rise, to a claim under your travel insurance should be advised immediately to:
- Direct Group Travel Services PO Box 1188,
- DN1 9PQ
- Tel: 0344 412 4296
On contacting Direct Group Travel Services please state your insurance is provided by UK General Insurance Ltd and quote the following:
- Scheme name: Questor Travel Insurance
- Scheme ref: 05994B
Please note that this policy excludes any pre-existing conditions that you, a travelling companion or other person covered by this policy that has required referral to or consultation with a specialist or hospital for treatment, investigation or check-up within the past 12 months
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- Medical expenses cover up to £10,000,000
- Comprehensive benefits and cover
- Range of optional extras