Car Hire Excess

Car Hire Excess Insurance

Daily Policy from £3.49
Annual Policy from £40.00
Buy Now
Car Hire Excess Insurance

Vehicle Hire Excess Insurance

Car Club, Motor Home, Van & Mini Bus
Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Trusted by over 300,000 travellers yearly!
Buy Now
Excess Protection Insurance

Motor Excess Insurance

from £30.00 for an annual policy

Short-Haul Travel Insurance

With holiday time so precious many travellers are keen to get to their destination of choice in the shortest possible time. Whether it’s a staycation on UK shores or a week-long break on the Costa del Sol short-haul destinations allow you to spend more time relaxing and enjoying your break, and less time travelling.

Short-haul travel insurance is a great option for travellers that enjoy holidaying a few hours away from home, offering comprehensive cover to suit a range of budgets and needs.

I am travelling to Bulgaria for a ski holiday; will I be covered under my short-haul travel insurance policy?

Your short-haul travel insurance policy covers you for a number of destinations including Bulgaria, as well as many destinations in the EU and non-European countries bordering the Mediterranean (except Algeria, Israel, Lebanon and Libya).

Your short-haul travel insurance policy also allows you to add a number of optional extras, one of which is cover for winter sports.

Adding winter sports to your short-haul travel insurance policy will provide you with cover in a number of areas, from standard travel insurance cover onwards, including cover for piste closure and for the cost of hiring ski equipment.

I plan to carry out a number of sporting activities on my short-haul holiday; will I be covered?

From deep sea fishing to power boating a number of sporting activities are covered under your policy as standard. This means that if you are a fan of active breaks, you can test your sporting mettle as much as you want to, knowing you are fully covered.

For those holidaymakers who are looking for an extra challenge, and are brave enough to try higher grade sports, then you have the option of adding hazardous activities cover to your policy.

This provides cover for sporting activities such as parascending (over land) and tandem skydiving.

I already have an EHIC; what additional cover is provided by my short-haul travel insurance policy?

While it is always valuable to have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) on your travels, it is important to remember that this only covers you for state healthcare in European Economic Area (EEA) countries.

Your short-haul travel insurance policy, from standard cover onwards, will also allow you to claim for hospital benefit, personal liability, delayed departure and much more.