The idea of a sundrenched, beachside holiday may seem a million miles away, but that doesn't mean that travellers can't already start to envision putting their parasols up and drifting out to sea on a colourful lilo.
The latest rankings from Tripadvisor have revealed that the best beaches around the globe ideal for turning our beach break fantasies into a reality - with Rabbit Beach in Lampedusa, Italy, taking the top spot for beaches in Europe.
The listing from the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards for Beaches continued with more of the finest stretches of sand and water to be found on the continent. These were as follows:
2. Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
3. Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece
4. Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon, United Kingdom
5. Iztuzu Beach, Dalyan, Turkey
6. Fig Tree Bay, Protaras, Cyprus
7. Cala Rossa, Favignana, Italy
8. Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
9. Eggremni Beach, Lefkada Greece
10. Playa de Bolonia, Tarifa, Spain
On the awards, James Kay, TripAdvisor spokesperson, said:
“In its third year, these awards recognise the best beaches in the UK and worldwide, based on the reviews and ratings from travellers around the globe.
“The presence of two UK beaches in Europe’s top ten is further proof of what a fantastic tourist draw the UK’s coastline really is.”
When it came to the ranking of the ten best beaches around the globe, Rabbit Beach slipped to third place; while pole position was claimed by Baia do Sancho in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil. The top ten was completed by the following beaches:
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales
3. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
4. Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Caribbean
5. Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
6. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
7. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
8. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Caribbean
9. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
10. Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece
Wherever you are heading to in the world, why not save money on your travel spend by securing budget travel insurance?
Date Created: 25/02/2015