All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Aged between 21 and 84 years old.
- Hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Not renting a car, motorcycle or campervan
- A permanent resident in the UK
- This policy covers vans with a maximum weight of 7.5 tonnes or mini-buses with a maximum of 15 seats (including the driver) that have a maximum value at the rental agreement start date of £75,000 and not older than 20 years since the date of first registration
- This policy is operative when the Policyholder or any other person named as lead driver on the certificate of insurance is shown as the lead driver on the car rental agreement
- Only rentals starting and finishing during the period of insurance are covered.
- This insurance excludes rentals that have already commenced.
- This insurance is only available to persons permanently resident in one of the countries listed below.
- The contract of insurance is subject to UK jurisdiction.
- All policies are liable for Insurance Tax as legislated for in your home country see below.
Our claim handlers, Orchard Administration have set up an online submission process to make it quick and easy to submit your claim. Please go to https://claim.orchard-administration.co.uk you will need your certificate number and claim scheme code, both of which are shown on the certificate of insurance. If you are not connected to the Internet please call Orchard Administration on +44 (0)333 3230 095.
We are here to help
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues please feel free to contact us. Our staff have access to the claim systems and we can exert pressure to move matters along.
This insurance policy is underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate 4444 and 5380, which is managed by Canopius Managing Agents Limited. Registered Office: Canopius Managing Agents Limited, Gallery 9, One Lime Street, London, EC3M 7HA. Registered in England no. 01514453.
Canopius Managing Agents Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference: 204847.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942. Riverside Underwriting Limited.
- Policy document (PDF) - Van and Minibus Hire Excess Insurance Policy Document
- Please continue throughout the quote process to view your Insurance Product Information Document