10 reasons why you should go on a ski holiday!
At Questor Insurance during the winter months we enjoy venturing to a snowy mountain and trying out a new slope or two. Many people still hold the memory of apprehensively booking their first ski trip, to return home eagerly to book their next trip. Sometimes the thought of a skiing holiday can be rather daunting, take a look below at our top 10 reasons why you should go on a skiing holiday at least once in your lifetime:
1. With many deals and offers available, ski breaks are now an affordable option for many people.
2. Skiing is great for fitness, however because you are having so much fun you won’t even realise your exercising at all.
3. You can go for as long as you like! Whether you only fancy a taster long weekend, or want to throw yourself in at the deep end and have a 2 week holiday, the decision is yours.
4. When it comes to skiing there are many places and destinations to choose from, you can pick a local destination such as a French resort or venture further to a Canadian resort. With the unlimited possibilities you can choose a different slope or resort each trip!
5. Have a go at Apres Skiing! Not familiar with the term Apres Ski? This is where you make stops during your ski trip to local entertainment and bars.
6. Dining can be a wonderful experience on a ski break. Choosing catered accommodation will not only give your more time to relax and socialise in the evening, but the homemade dishes can be tantalising. If you do choose a more flexible self-catered option there will be plenty of local restaurants and places to dine for a truly amazing experience.
7. You’re bound to make some new friends! Whether it be on the slopes or within the chalet you will talk to skiers of all levels, before you leave swap contacts so you can meet up again on your next ski trip.
8. You can try other exhilarating snow sports such as snowboarding or tobogganing!
9. Mountains are beautiful all year round, however spectacular when covered in snow. Make sure you have room on your camera so you can get some exhilarating snaps.
10. Even if you do find that skiing isn’t for you, there is still plenty to do including visiting spas, bars and having a few shopping sprees!
Heading to the slopes this winter? Makes sure you’re covered with comprehensive winter sports travel insurance. Click here for more information on our winter sports insurance policy or call us today on 0333 323 0090.
Why not tell us your skiing holiday highlights by tweeting us @QuestorIns
Date Created: 11 December 2015 by Kim Coppins