Young Drivers Motor Excess InsuranceAnnual excess free motor insurance from now when you buy Motor Excess Insurance from Questor Insurance. Simple, easy and no fuss from just £30.00.
- This policy covers three different types of vehicles: a motor vehicle, also called a car, a motor vehicle used for commercial purposes not exceeding an uploaded weight of 3.5 tonnes and a motorcycle powered by an engine.
- Four levels of cover - £350, £750, £1,000 and £2,000
- Claim your excess back, up to the annual limit, when you have a claim greater than the excess on your Motor Policy
- Quick and easy claim process with online submission and monitoring
If you use your vehicle for commercial or business purposes please click here.
Please read the policy wording for a full list of all exclusions relating to this policy.
All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Be a resident of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- Hold a current full and valid driving licence, or hold a full internationally recognised licence
- This policy will not cover any claim where your claim under your motor insurance policy has been refused.
- This policy will not cover any claim for glass repair or replacement.
- This policy will not cover any claim where a third party has made good your excess under your motor insurance policy.
- There is no cover where your vehicle is being used as a taxi, minicab, limousine or driving school (or any other hire and reward), for any purpose in connection with the motor trade or in any competition, trial, performance, test or race regardless of authorisation of any such event.
- A motor vehicle, also called a car, (not being an invalid carriage) used for your own private purposes which is constructed for the carriage of passengers and their belongings and is adapted to carry no more than seven passengers; or'
- A motor vehicle used for commercial purposes not exceeding an uploaded weight of 3.5 tonnes. However, the vehicle cannot be used as a taxi, minicab, limousine or driving school, or any other purpose for hire and reward.
What is covered
- This insurance insures the policy excess on your Motor Insurance Policy
- This insurance pays a benefit when you have a claim on your Motor Insurance Policy which exceeds the policy excess
- You can claim as many times as you like up to the limit shown on the certificate of insurance which is the annual policy limit
Our claim handlers, Orchard Administration have set up an online submission process to make it quick and easy to submit your claim. Please go to https://claim.orchard-administration.co.uk you will need your certificate number and claim scheme code, both of which are shown on the certificate of insurance. If you are not connected to the Internet please call Orchard Administration on +44 (0)333 3230 095.
We are here to help
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues please feel free to contact us. Our staff have access to the claim systems and we can exert pressure to move matters along.
This insurance policy is underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate 4444, which is managed by Canopius Managing Agents Limited. Registered Office: Canopius Managing Agents Limited, Gallery 9, One Lime Street, London, EC3M 7HA. Registered in England no. 01514453.
Canopius Managing Agents Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference: 204847.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942. Riverside Underwriting Limited.
When purchasing an annual insurance policy, customers can select an option to automatically renew their policy each year, meaning that they have peace of mind knowing that they have continuous cover in place. If selected, the customer’s policy will automatically renew unless the policyholder has previously advised us that they do not want this policy to be renewed, or at renewal they have advised us that they no longer wish to renew this policy, or they are no longer eligible for cover.
We will still write to the policyholder prior to the expiring policy’s renewal date to remind them that this policy is due to be renewed and confirm the renewal premium. We will also highlight if the renewal premium has changed or there have been changes made to the terms and conditions of their policy.
Renewal premiums will again be collected from the specified credit or debit card that was originally used when setting up their policy.
We are entitled to assume at renewal that the policyholder’s details have not changed and they have the consent of the credit or debit card holder, unless the policyholder informs us otherwise. We will through our administrative bank, charge the payment details to the credit or debit card held on record for the renewal premium due.
- Policyholders should also be aware that we can only automatically renew this policy when:
- they have made us aware of any changes to their circumstances and/or information previously provided, if any;
- the credit or debit card details we have on record have not changed; and
the credit or debit card holder has given his or her consent for his or her card being charged at renewal.
If we are unable to auto-renew this policy (for example, due to payment card failure) or if the policyholder no longer meets the eligibility criteria for auto-renewal, we will notify the policyholder of this at least 14 days prior to the renewal date.